Sunday, July 08, 2007

Ghostly Mountains

The valley is full of smoke today, I guess it's from the huge fires in southern Utah. So what do you do on such a hot, smoky day in the valley? Leave it for the mountains, of course. If you can find them, anyway. Today they were barely visible through all of that haze.

My stepdaughter is visiting from New Jersey and heads home this afternoon, so we took her up to Silver Lake for a cooling break from the city heat. I saw a moose a few hundred feet below Silver Fork Lodge, but since we were driving, I didn't get a chance to take a photo. But we did enjoy seeing all of the wildflowers in bloom.


Wildflower

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I hope you are safely away from the fires! Silverlake sounds so nice. I wish ther was somewhere to get out of the heat around here.

Jacquie said...

The fires are heartbreaking! Must get up to Silver Lake soon before we miss the flowers altogether.

Chris said...

It's amazing how it doesn't look hazy in the mountains.