Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Trip Down Memory Lane

I was hoping to post more about my culinary retreat, but today my dad sent me an old photo of my mother from 1964 - knitting no less! So today you get family instead of vacation. May I present my beautiful mother in 1964, and in 2007.

My mother was the one who taught me how to knit, and I only wish I had some photos of the beautiful sweaters she made for me and my sister when we were little. Or all of the elaborate Barbie doll clothes she made, including a little mink stole. We even had matching outfits that my mother made from the scraps of dresses she made for me.

As for the butterfly chair, I remember it well. I had it in my bedroom for a long time.

6 comments:

Margene said...

Your mother is a beauty!

Lark said...

It's like looking at you in a retro 'do! Thanks for sharing!

Heather Joins the Round said...

How fabulous!

Cheryl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katherine Of It All said...

Your mom is beautiful! And you look exactly like her (except for the hair).

Christy said...

I love the butterfly chair shot. How cool.